I saw that there are three levels of Evernote to choose from.
Is the free version worth trying?
I definitely want to get more than my feet wet with Evernote (perhaps knees??? lol!), but I’m not sure which version to start with.
Do I need the Business level? Can you give me one or two differences between Basic and Premium please?
Organization is not my forte….
I get it. Things like this can be confusing!
There are currently three plans for Evernote:
- Evernote Basic (FREE)
- Evernote Premium ($7.99/month)
- Evernote Business ($14.99/user/month)
As an independent music teacher, you definitely do not need Evernote Business unless you have a team of teachers you want to have access.
In comparing Basic and Premium, there are two big items independent teachers like yourself would benefit from considering:
1. SPACE: How much will you be using it?
(A question you can’t really answer until you use it.)
Basic = 60 MB of uploads per month
Premium = 10GB of uploads per month
2. DEVICE LIMIT: How many devices will need access?
(Desktop, tablet, phone, etc.)
Basic = 2 devices
Premium = Unlimited
The short answer to your first question is YES, it is worth trying Evernote Basic for free, of course! It won’t hurt to start there.
It’s no big deal to upgrade if you begin to find that you need more space, devices, or want more features.
A few features of the extra features I use and love that Premium offers but Basic doesn’t:
- Annotating directly on PDFs.
- Search the text of PDFs. (When you do a search, it will search the text – including handwriting – inside PDFs and Office Docs.)
- Forwarding emails directly into Evernote.
Here is a great comparison chart of Evernote features and details.
Good luck and I hope you find Evernote to be a useful tool in your professional and daily life as I do!