The Piano Pantry Podcast is available on these podcast streaming networks:
Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, Overcast, iHeart Radio, Castbox, Pocket Casts, Radio Public, Stitcher
Karen Thickstun, NCTM, teaches piano pedagogy at Butler University, operates an independent studio, and recently retired as founding director of the Butler Community Arts School. She holds degrees in music, economics and business administration. Thickstun is currently serving as national president of Music Teachers National Association (MTNA).
Contact Karen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outline of our conversation
- Karen’s background, including a business degree in economics
- Butler University pedagogy position
- Her path to MTNA President
- Begin engaged in the profession – Say YES!
- Attending Conferences / MTNA 2022
- An organizational tip – she says it’s “old school” but I think it’s great!
- The non-teacher side of Karen – including auto racing!
- Silly/Fun Fact about Karen (involves March Madness!)
Podcast Episode: 001 Organizing Student Files (The Piano Pantry Podcast)
Blog Post: File Fever: Organizing Student Files (PianoPantry.com)
Blog Post: Tips for Presenting: Tools, Resources, and a Pep-Talk
Blog Post: Organizing Your Hard Copy Music Books (labeling file folders)