Articles on Piano Pantry
Audiation: The Foundation of Music Learning Theory
A practical explanation of the newish term "audiation" coined by Dr. Edwin Gordon. What does it really mean? Read more.
Joy and Amy on Music Learning theory
Discussion by two piano teachers on their beginning experiences with MLT. Read more.
For more on our Piano Teacher Adventure in Boston attending the Piano Course on MLT click here.
This video is connected to a playlist on YouTube highlighting some of my favorite videos on Music Learning Theory
You can either let it auto-play through the videos, by simply hitting “play” and when one finishes the next one will play or, you can navigate through the individual videos by clicking on the little image in the top right corner of the video that has three lines with a play button. Enjoy!
MLT-Based Piano Methods and Resources
Music Moves for Piano is currently the only piano method based 100% on Music Learning Theory. Written in cooperation with Dr. Edwin E. Gordon, author Marilyn Lowe has a series of 24 method and supplemental books including Christmas books, and books for preschoolers (Keyboard Games A and B).
More Articles and Websites on MLT
- Articles on ColorinMyPiano.com
- The Improving Musician by Andrew Mullen (not piano, but one of the best general MLT site out there in my opinion)
- Articles on TopMusic.co: here and here.
- Keys to Music Learning Podcast with Krista Jadro and Hannah Mayo
- Musicality Podcast: Mind Before Fingers, with Marilyn Lowe
- Top Music Podcast: Exploring MLT with Marilyn Lowe
MLT in Social Media
- My MLT Playlist on YouTube.
- Dr. Gordon Videos on YouTube
- Music Moves for Piano Facebook Page
- Edwin E. Gordon and Music Learning Theory for Piano Teachers Facebook Page