Welcome to the books for piano teachers page on Piano Pantry!
On this page you will find more than 30 books that can help you in your career as an independent music teacher.
But first, a few top picks.
We all know our time can be very limited so if I could recommend only THREE books for you to ever read about music teaching in your lifetime, it would be these three. (They're not even specific to piano teaching, just music teaching in general.)
If you're reading a bit more in-depth reviews of these three books, visit this post where I include:
1. The book descriptions directly from Amazon. (Yes, I am an Amazon affiliate which means I will earn a small percentage if you purchase through the link but it won't cost you any more.)
2. A statement on why I love the book.
3. A listing of 6-7 of my favorite quotes/excerpts that I feel best define the content of the book.
The rest of the books on this page are divided into seven categories to make your browsing easier:
- Piano Teaching (General), Music Education, & Teaching Inspiration
- Music Business & Entrepreneurship for Independent Music Teachers
- Elementary-Intermediate Piano Pedagogy & Repertoire Guides/References
- Intermediate-Advanced Piano Technique & Repertoire Guides/References
- Music Learning Theory (Introductions)
- Music Learning Theory (In-Depth)
- Faith and the Arts
Some of the books may appear in two different categories if I felt they strongly represented both.
If you would like to check out some of my posts that include more detailed reviews on books I've read in previous years, check out these posts.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
Many of the books on this page are linked to Amazon. Please note that Piano Pantry is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. All this means is that if you purchase something through a link on Piano Pantry, I will make a small percentage from Amazon on items at no extra cost to you. Affiliate income is only a small way for me to make some income to help run this blog. Thank you in advance!