The day has arrived. Piano Pantry has officially posted 100 weeks of Friday Finds since first launching in March of 2016!
The winner (randomly selected by Rafflecopter’s generator) is Lynelle Vogel who commented:
My older kids love to play NinGenius on iPads to work on note names.
Congratulations! I will be contacting to get your shipping details.
Friday Finds Breather
Before we proceed with this top 100 list, I just want to thank you for your excitement and energy over these weekly finds over the past 2+ years. You have been so enthusiastic and encouraging with so many stating it’s the one post/email they’re sure to catch every week.
That being said, I’m going to take a brief hiatus from this weekly post. I promise it will be brief and the series will return as I love writing it as much as you seem to love reading them.
There’s a lot going on in life right now – one of which many of you are aware. My husband and I are in the final stages of building a house (literally). We are (well, mostly he is) doing the majority of it on our own. We’re in the home stretch and I really need to let something go for the time being.
Promise me you’ll jump back in when I pick back up?
Friday Finds Top 100
I have gone back through every single F.F. post I’ve written to pull the best of the best for you here. With approximately eight finds per week, that’s 800 finds I’ve scoured.
How did I choose? First, anything that was specifically commented on by a reader was included. From there, I simply focused on posts that have affected me the most, have stuck in my memory, made an impact, or that I still use or find fascinating even today.
I’ve broken them down into 11 categories so if you prefer to check out a specific category of items you can jump around. Enjoy!
- Productivity, Tools, and Organization
- On Teaching
- Piano Books and Music
- Thought-Provoking Articles
- Learning from Other Things in Life
- Fun Music and Teaching Stuff
- Foodie Fun
- Miscellaneous Fascinating Things
Productivity, Tools, and Organization
3. Tutorial video for Canva for music teachers | Rosemarie Penner
5. Why I Switched To Automatic Payments… Finally! | The Free IMT (This post talks about the app I am now using for automatic payments)
6. How to Make Effective and Efficient Lesson Notes in Google Docs | Leila Viss
7. A Few Simple Tools to Hook Up Your iPad to the TV | Rosemarie Penner
8. Google Drive: How to Create Folders & Add Documents | Rosemarie Penner
13. The Power of Practice: 7 Practice Hats for Parents | The Curious Piano Teachers
14. Piano Safari’s Hanon Potato Variations
17. Unstructured Practice: Giving Students Time to Doodle | Tim Topham
18. “What Shall We Do Next?” | Paul Harris
19. Repertoire Rules | Elissa Milne
20. Twelve Tips for Teaching Tricky Personalities | Tracy Selle
21. The Do’s and Dont’s of Talking to Struggling Piano Students | Teach Piano Today
22. Two Piano Teaching Duets for Burgmüller’s Op. 100 | Chad Twedt
23. The Ultimate Guide to left Hand Piano Styles & Patterns | Tim Topham
Piano Books and Music
26. Best Piano Solos by Phillip Keveren
29. Nocturne by Paul Sheftel
30. Chord Town Christmas by Anne Crosby Gaudet
31. Leila’s arrangement of It Is Well With My Soul
32. Free download of Gordon’s Quick and Easy Introductions
33. How to Think Music by Harriet Ayer Seymour
34. Sunday Morning Blended Worship by Victor Labenske
35. Journey Through the Classics by Jennifer Linn
37. As one reader stated, this article from Anne Lamott, How to Find Time, is gold!
38. The Deeper Reason Why We Can’t Remember People’s Names | Becoming Minimalist
39. How (and Why) Giving Students Choices, Can Dramatically Improve Learning | Bulletproof Musician
40. Ethical Concerns with Online Conference | Chad Twedt
41. How Reading Old Books Gives Us New Perspective | Michael Hyatt
44. The Right to be Ridiculous | The Rabbit Room
45. What if All I Want is a Mediocre Life? | No Sidebar
46. Every article I share by James Clear I find thought-provoking. Since I couldn’t choose, I decided to cheat and just list all the ones I shared and count his articles as one item 🙂
- All Models Are Wrong, Some Are Useful
- For a More Creative Brain Follow These 5 Steps
- The Paradox of Behavior Change
- The 1 Percent Rule: Why a Few People Get Most of the Rewards
- Entropy: Why Life Always Seems to Get More Complicated
- The Goldilocks Rule: How to Stay Motivated in Life and Business
- A Margin of Safety: How to Thrive in the Age of Uncertainty
Learning from Other Things in Life …
47. The book Wonder by R.J. Palacio
48. Why Learning Guitar Made Me a Better Piano Teacher | Tim Topham
49. Why I Take Lessons in the Alexander Technique as a Piano Teacher | Joy Morin
50. What Ballet Class Taught Me About Piano Teaching | Spring Seals
Fun Music and Teaching Stuff
52. A Look Back at Trendsetting Piano Teaching Resources in 2016.
53. I absolutely love it when teachers put together favorite teaching tools lists and Diane Hidy is puts out the best of them.
56. Move It! DVD for expressive movement – great group class activity.
57. University of Iowa Piano Pedagogy Project on YouTube
58. Build-a-Skeleton Interval Challenge game for group classes around Halloween
59. Karen Lien’s Dalcroze Focus Activities
61. Practice Boxes: A fun treat for your students | Violin Judy. (One reader especially liked the suggestion of using a pill box.)
63. What Great Music! Classical Selections to Hear and See | MLT-Inspired CD
66. Rockin’ Rhythms | TCW Resources
67. Kreative Keyboard Kit | TCW Resources
68. Note Speed
69. Tonic Game | Scott at Tonic-Music
71. Free foodie backgrounds | Chocolate and Zucchini
75. Shining Your Sink | Fly Lady
76. Starting a Dinner Club | Pinch of Yum
78. 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies | Pinch of Yum
79. Game-winning Guac’ | Marcella Valladolid
81. Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake | Food Network
82. Raspberry-Orange Almond Muffins with Sprouted Flour | Amy Chaplin (the famous one 🙂
83. Sprouted Wheat Flatbread | Nourished Kitchen
84. Fudgy Brownie Bites | Simply Recipes
85. Super Fast, Super Healthy Snacks for Piano Teachers | Colourful Keys
86. Slow-Roasted Sweet Potatoes | Smitten Kitchen
87. Pineapple Mango Green Smoothie | Two Peas and Their Pod
88. Birchbox monthly beauty box samples
91. Musicality Podcast | Musical U
92. Akimbo | Seth Godin
93. Classical Classroom | Dacia Clay / Houston Public Media
95. NBC Chimes: Behind the Scenes with the First Trademarked Sound | from 99 Percent Invisible
Miscellaneous Fascinating Things
96. This photo tour of Amazon’s warehouses is incredible.
97. Colgate Wisps for freshening up your mouth between lessons.
98. How one student’s midday meal became a lunchroom cartoon phenom.
99. Beats RX Workout
100. Daria van den Bercken’s journey into the world of Handel’s keyboard works Handel Hits the Road
Until next time – have a great summer!!
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
Please note that some links in this post may contain affiliate links as Piano Pantry is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. All this means is that it allows me to make a small percentage from Amazon on items to which I link at no extra cost to you.